Not much to report here in our house. The kids have been enjoying a lot of quality Daddy time. I've been working a ton....like I said last week, big visits = lots of time working!! Yesterday I went in even though it was technically my day off. I just wanted to make it a short stop to make sure everyone was on track and that my plans were being executed. I was able to only be there a little over three hours. When I got home both kids were sound asleep (Daddy is a miracle worker) so Mike and I were just chilling. I received a call from Kohl's but it was just our store admin letting me know that cookies were being delivered in the morning and I needed to know how we were paying for them. Back to relaxing and then yet another call from Kohl's....this time it was the store manager wanting me to come in and close the building because the other manager went home ill. Let me get this straight, last time I checked I was just one of the Assistant Managers. Seems to me the reason I switched from the HR/Operations manager was because I didn't want to become a store manager so I wouldn't be stuck in these situations, but sure enough I'm the one that still gets pooped on. So off I am again, this time to close the store. Gee yesterday sure didn't seem like much of a day off.
This morning I went into work around 6:30am but the good thing is I actually got a lot done and don't plan on showing my face at Kohl's to work at all this weekend.
This leads me to our weekend project....For those of you that don't know we were planning on purchasing my parents house because they downsized. Well due to our current situation we figured that would be on hold however, due to the housing market my parents still feel that we have a better chance to sell our house than they do of selling theirs. Therefore, we are still planning on moving there and putting our house up for sale. We have just basic stuff we need to do before we move in such as painting, ripping out some wallpaper, and cleaning the carpets really well. My family has cats and Mike is very allergic so we have to make sure that there isn't anything kitty there anymore.
Wish us luck...the good thing is the kids don't really get out much anymore so they will have fun playing at the house while we work on our chores.
Wish us luck on a productive weekend.
Shutting Down
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment