Friday, September 11, 2009

"FISH"

While we were at the Fulton County Fair we decided to let Joey play the "Try to throw a ping pong ball into a little fish bowl and win a gold fish game".  Well to our astonishment even after literally chucking the balls overhanded he was able to get one of the darn balls in a bowl.


This look on his face when he realized he had won a fish was PRICELESS!


"Hi Mr. Fish"

Of course as we were headed home after leaving the fair Mike and I were suddenly under the realization that we were the new owners of a fish named "Fish".  When we had suggested other name options Joey just looked at us like we were crazy and said "No Mommy and Daddy his name is FISH".  Mike had wanted to just tell the guy at the game to keep the fish but of course I said we had to let him have it.  Me being the worrier that I am, when we got home I had to google "what do you do with a fair gold fish?" and actually got many results.  Most said that gold fish really don't do that well just in a bowl so I decided that I would load up the kids and head to Walmart in the morning to get the essentials for our new family member "FISH".  In the meantime I read that if you don't have fish food that you can blanch a pea and chop up the insides for fish food.  Mike of course thought I was absolutely crazy and said just to leave the thing in the bag and we would figure it out in the morning.  To my surprise Fish was still alive in the morning ~ which was a blessing because of course that was the first thing Joey asked about when he woke up and I hadn't even been down to check on Fish.  After breakfast we headed out and this is Fish in his new home.

Hopefully Fish doesn't die because we will have on really disappointed little boy.  He checks on him, talks to him and tries to feed him things (even pepperoni pizza that he had for dinner) so I have to keep my eye on him all the time.

No comments: