Friday, March 19, 2010

A nice day for the ZOO

Yesterday it was another beautiful day and shockingly Mike and I both had the same day off so we loaded up the family and headed to the Zoo. Evidently everyone had the same idea of how to enjoy the weather because the zoo was hopping. It wasn't to bad though and we were still able to enjoy everything that we wanted to.

Joey checking out the seals....always our first stop when we get to the zoo.


One of the newest additions to the zoo.....
a baby "uh oh" aka giraffe.


I just think it's the cutest thing to see them hand in hand.
I love it!!

Peytie finally rode the carousel without complaint.
It helped that Peytie got to ride on a big giraffe.


Joey saying "let's go"!


Peytie and Daddy.


The must have Lion pose.


Mommy and her munchkins.


Peytie in front of the tigers....


who were actually awake!


The kiddos watching....


the penguins.


Joey in front of the hippos who were even enjoying the beautiful day.
(I'm really disappointed that Joey turned out blurry ~ but still thought it was just too cute not to post)


The hippo kept opening one eye everytime Joey would talk.
Apparently Joey was disturbing his sun.


The rhinos were up and awake ~ I think this is a first for us.


Peytie making an animal noise.


~Meerkats~


Since Daddy was with us we enjoyed Nature's Neighborhood.

Joey sliding down from the tree house.


Joey ~ the SPIDER.


Joey ~ the BUMBLE BEE!


Peytie ~ buzzing in the bee hive.


Daddy and Peytie checking out the.....


Cockatoo.

She thought it was really funny when he said "Hi" and "Hello" to her.


This time Joey let me paint his face ~ he's a LION!!

Apparently a Lion Bird that is.

No comments: