Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Naughty" List

Well it's been done ~ that's right I called in the big guns!! I pulled the Santa card. Joey had a rough day at preschool on Thursday to put it mildly. So when we were walking to the car I let Joey know about the direct line between parents and Santa at this time of year. I got out my cell and called the big guy right there and then. Joey was shocked, he didn't realize that we had the power of the call. I explained to Santa about how Joey had forgot his listening ears and how he was disruptive in class and how time out didn't even help. Santa told me that he had in fact saw Joey misbehaving and that he would keep an eye on him for improvement. When I got off the phone I explained to Joey that Santa was watching him and that if he tried very hard to be good and didn't act up in class anymore that Santa would put him back on the "nice" list. Joey also got grounded from TV and music for the entire weekend. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided those punishments because I think it's more painful for me than him ~ but that could be a totally different post.

Joey did take it very seriously though. Whenever he starts to act up at all, he says that he has to be good because Santa's watching.

No comments: