
On Saturday Mike got Joey signed up for pee-wee soccer. Joey is so excited he can't stop talking about it. I hope he does okay with all the other kids and following direction from his coach. Since he's officially a soccer player now, yesterday when I got off of work we headed to Dick's and got him all the essentials (cleats, soccer shorts, shin guards & socks). He was so excited about his new shoes that he wouldn't let us take them off. We had other errands to run, so there we were going into Lowe's and Meijer with Joey sporting his knee high soccer socks and cleats. We got a few looks but I assume that they were probably just thinking "I remember those days". If they weren't I don't really care. He was proud to be wearing his new soccer cleats so we were happy. Practice starts the week of August 24th and then the games begin the week of September 12th. They told us that the games are typically in the morning on Satudays so guess who's going to be closing every Saturday ~ that's right ME!! It's worth it though so I can watch my little man play his first sport.
No comments:
Post a Comment