about my day yesterday. To my surprise it started out rather well. Joey was up at 6:30 but only to wake me up so I could tuck him back into bed. Then he did not come and get me again until 9am ~ Holy cow it's a miracle!! Peyton was soon to follow and the day had officially begun. Joey had cereal for breakfast and Peyton a waffle. We talked to Grandma on the phone and decided we were going to run a few errands and then continue our projects at the old house. She said she would be on her way to our house in a few minutes so we headed upstairs to get ready. First it was Joey's turn and then Peyton. No issues with either one so it was Mommy's turn. We all headed into my bedroom and were all trying to decide what Mommy was going to wear. Joey and Peyton were both going through my drawers when Peyton started screaming. She had managed to pinch her finger in the drawer. Not just a little ~ when she did it, she did it good. It was instantly turning all different shades of reds and purples and she was screaming. She is normally not a complainer so I knew if she was crying it must hurt really bad. We went downstairs for ice which of course she would not keep on so we ran her finger under cold water instead. Within a few minutes she was no longer crying and was getting into everything as usual. We headed back upstairs to get back to the original plan of getting Mommy ready to go. I was in my closet when I heard a crash and saw my bathroom drawer open, my make-up bag open and Peyton playing with something on the floor. She had managed to dump the bag with so much force that the one nail polish (of course ~ RED) had broken open on the floor and she had rubbed it all over with her left hand. I panicked initially thinking that she had cut herself with the glass bottle but after inspection she was okay just coated in red nail polish. I bite my nails ~ a very nasty bad habit, but because of this I don't really have much nail care products on hand. I only have a small bottle of nail polish remover which didn't last very long. Luckily Grandma had arrived so she helped me clean up Peyton while I tackled the bathroom floor. Two hours later, Peyton's hand is only a little pink and the bathroom floor is pretty much cleaned up except for the red polish that is still in the grout. Any suggestions on it's removal would be appreciated!! :) Needless to say there was no time to run errands since it was already 12:45pm and the kids were still not fed. We stopped at Wendy's for some lunch and then headed to the other house for a nap for Peyton and work for Grandma and Mommy.
The other house is a whole different post for another day.
Shutting Down
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment