Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Night

For all you Mom's out there, perhaps this has happened to you....

Worked all day. When I got off at 5:30 I headed to my Mom and Dad's to pick up the kids. On my way I make the typical phone call ~ were they angels or demon children ;)

Today I get the second of the two.....GREAT!!! Mom says they will be waiting at the door with their coats on when I get there....kidding of course....or not ;)

When I arrive they've calmed a little, maybe the thought of me coming to deal with them is a little intimidating. We get invited to stay for dinner. Peyton doesn't eat all her dinner (you know she is a chickenatarian and we were having burgers) so she doesn't get any dessert. Joey, on the other hand finishes all of his dinner, even the broccoli and cauliflower.

I've been promising them for days that we will stop at "our" ice cream place (Mel-O-Creme) and have ice cream with sprinkles and eyes. When we get there Joey decides that he wants a sundae with caramel on it. Why I didn't just make him get what he normally does I don't know, but anyway the child gets a caramel sundae. He takes like 12 bites, gets stringy caramel on him (yes I have a boy that freaks when he gets messy) and decides that he's done. That was almost 3 bucks well spent.

We get home, the kids check on our only blooming daffodil, count the tulips that are still only inches high (not enough sun apparently) and we head inside. Joey lets both dogs out as usual and they bolt for the door. As I turn the corner Joey is gagging saying that Zeppelin just puked all over the rug....FABULOUS!!!

Now please remember that I have a child that pukes very easily. With that said I run to get the rug out of his sight, all the while gagging myself. As I come back out of the laundry room Joey is standing in the opening between the living room and the foyer just looking at me. I ask him "did you just puke?". He calmly replies "yes, and it's my ice cream". Okay, that confirms it, definitely not 3 bucks well spent. Thank goodness it was only 12 bites.

You may ask does he know not to keep walking??? Oh no!! He puked on his Dad's chair and then proceeded to walk to where I found him. Therefore it was on the chair, on his hand, on his coat and of course on the floor.

Yippee!!! This is my kind of night!!!!!

Obviously I survived and am living to write about it. Little does Mike know that I left the rug that started the whole thing off for him in the laundry room. I wanted to share some love with him too :)

No comments: